How to Clean Car Awning – Step by Step Guide
Do you have dirty, moldy car awnings? Are you concerned about cleaning the dirty car awnings at home? Searching for some easy ways and procedures to clean the awnings? Do not worry when we will assist you in your journey of learning & applying the methods in real life.
For that, we have come up with all the solutions, procedures about- how to clean car awnings- just for you. We are gonna present all the detailed procedures & professional tips to clean your dirty car awnings easily. So, why are we waiting? Let’s start.
Why & How of Cleaning Car Awning
Usually, car owners with awnings have to face the problem of dirty awnings. Sometimes the awnings become too dirty or moldy to be cleaned easily. So, most of the owners search for the easiest way to clean a car awning or want to know how to clean electric RV awning?
In this section, you get all the necessary information you need.
What Causes the Dirt
Car awnings are a useful and necessary tool for the car and also for the car owner. Awnings provide shade from the sun and also shelter from the rain and wind. Usually, car owners use awnings to save their cat from the excessive heat an also from rain and wind.
Awnings need to be cleaned regularly. But most of the owners don’t clean these regularly. So, it gets dirty and moldy because of
- Sun heat
So, you have known about the core reason, it’s time to get into cleaning. But do you have any idea? Don’t worry, just go to the next section.
Cleaning Car Awning – Step by Step Guide
One of the best ways to keep car awnings looking good and keeping clean all year long is to maintain day to day cleaning. If you do not want to do deep or vigorous cleaning then you have to properly maintain it regularly.
You can maintain your awnings to look good and clean all year long with some easy technique. A few things you need to do regularly. The steps are mentioned most easily what will make your learning experience less time consuming & cleaning experience far better.
- Step 1: Brush off any loose dirt.
- Step 2: Apply mild soap and warm water solution.
- Step 3: Use a sponge or soft brush to clean the dirt off.
- Step 4: Allow the cleaning solution to soak into the awning. After that, rinse off the fabric until all soap residue gets removed.
- Step 5: Air-dry it.
That’s all you have to do to maintain your car regularly. However, you might be thinking about what tools you should use? Luckily, we have also mentioned about them in the next section.
Must Use Cleaning Tools
As you are going to clean your car awnings, you need some tools. Because without proper cleaning tools you cannot clean the awning perfectly. So, what are the tools that you need? There is a list of some good cleaning tools to clean it. These will help you to clean your dirty, moldy awnings easily.
- Brush: Brush is a very helpful tool to clean it. It helps to brush out the loose dirt from the awning.
- Water supply: You will need a good water supply from your house or garden. Because it needs an excessive amount of water to be cleaned.
- Cleaning Solution: You will need a cleaning solution that is specially made for cleaning car awnings.
- Soft sponge or Brush: These tools are very helpful to remove the dirt off.
The Toughest Part- Removing Mold and Mildew Stains
Usually, mildews do not grow on acrylic fabrics or awning. But if dirt, dust, and other foreign objects are not removed from awning fabric for a long time then mildews can grow. It is normal to have molds on the awning.
Molds grow because of the wetness of awning caused by rain and humidity. It is quite tough to clean up moldy awnings. Our team has found out the easiest way to clean it properly. Are you interested to know them? I guess you are.
Simple steps that you can follow to clean mold or mildew are mentioned in the easiest understandable manner.
- Step 1: You need to prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per gallon of clean water.
- Step 2: You need to ensure allowing the mixture to soak into the awning up to 15 minutes. This will help to soften the molds, mildews.
- Step 3: Start cleaning with a soft bristle brush. It will help to separate the molds, mildews, and dirt easily from the fabric.
- Step 4: Rinse it thoroughly until all soap residue is removed. Make sure that there are no stains and water rings.
- Step 5: Air dries the fabric.
Remember this carefully that sometime you may need to repeat if the molds and mildews are so heavy.
Last Minute Suggestions
We know your concern about your car awning. Because it helps you to keep your car protects. We are aware that you want to keep your awning clean and clear. So, We came up with the details about the procedure, tips, tools to clean your awnings at home. But, it is not mandatory to always focus on the details. For this, we are providing some short suggestions for your ease.
- Having Procedure Knowledge: Firstly you need to know about cleaning the awnings by yourself.
- Following the owner’s guide: While buying the awning they provided you an ‘Owner’s Guide’. There you will have the right procedures. So, follow it.
- Having tools: Next, you need to have proper cleaning tools that are specifically made for cleaning the awnings. Like, brushes, sponges, cleaning solutions, etc.
- Discussing with the professionals: You can discuss or take suggestions from professional awning cleaners. They will help you to find the specific products for your awnings.
- Rinse off thoroughly: It is always best to rinse off the entire fabric thoroughly. It helps to avoid water rings and stains.
We always try to come up with solutions to your problems. And today we have come up with the question- How to clean car awning? – Here we presented the most possible right details, information, procedures, and suggestions that are needed to answer this question.
We are always here to help you out with our research-driven facts and information. We wish you found this article helpful. Again if you need any help about – how to clean electric 4v awning- the stay with us. Thank you for sticking with us.