As your fuel injector is very important part of the body of your car, the regular cleaning of the fuel injector is very crucial part of your car maintenance. Sometimes even repairing and servicing will come forward for your car engines long running sake. But to maintain or keep a good shape of the fuel injector you need clean them regularly and periodically.
The cleaning will give the engine boost and free from problems that may make your car suffer in the long run. Cleaning will definitely enhance the durability and functionality of the vehicle. The main job of fuel injector is to pump fuel into the engine.
And the fact here is that certain amount of pressure is needed. As you know the fuel is not the water from any high quality filters, it contains dirt,derbies etc. As a result they sometimes get stuck in the fuel injector. That is why cleaning is very essential. Periodic cleaning helps the engine to give a good service and a good efficiency.
Table of Contents
Symptoms are Signs that You Need to Clean the Fuel Injector
You definitely should check the fuel injector with a help of a professional whenever you take your vehicle to service. The basic question is when you should clean the injector.
The better answer is it varies from car to car but cleaning around after every 50,000 miles is a great help from your engine. This regular cleaning not make the engine more efficient but also will give a great mileage on the fuel. Any block on injector by dirt or derbies getting stuck there will end up effecting on the performance of the vehicle.
But some vehicles will not need any cleaning before than 55,000 or 60,000 miles. That is why you will a professional who will help you in measuring the time gap between two cleanings.
The modern and new models of vehicles has this uniquely and differently designed fuel injector that might not require any cleaning or flashing in a very long time. But still make sure you check them regularly whenever you go for servicing of the vehicle.
The symptom that may sign that you need to clean your fuel injector is given bellow
Poor Performance of the Vehicle : The thing here will face that the car runs fuel and the main job that the injector does is to pump fuel in the engine.
That is why the engine performance will slowly fade with the time if you do not clean the injector regularly. The functionality and durability will also give a very poor performance if your fuel injector needs cleaning.
Odd sounds :While you try to start you car you will have to deal with odd sounds that are the signs that your fuel injector actually needs a cleaning.
Mileage : This is the most important fact of the vehicle. Because If your fuel injector needs cleaning you will definitely face the problem with the mileage.
And mileage directly effects the performance of the vehicle. The modern cars are made in this way that the injector does not effect of the mileage but the old traditional vehicles with fuel pressure system cause problem.
Is it really necessary to clean the fuel injector
In a word, the answer is yes. But now you should be confirm that how many days do you have to do this. Because of fuel injector is not a outer part of your vehicle. It’s inner part of your vehicle. So, this issue is so much important for fuel injector. Overall consideration of all kinds of vehicle, near about after 55000 miles drive, it’s better to change to get the best performance of engine.
If one clean the injector periodically, then it will provide the good shape of engine as well. As a result, it must enhance the engine functionality which boost up the engine performance and efficiency.
Popular cleaning process of fuel fuel injector
1) Fuel injector cleaning kit: It makes sure the best driven of Oxygen and fuel consumption in engine. As a result, vehicle gasoline is not wasted. Every cleaner kit has polyetheramine (PEA) that is used for carbon diposite effectively more better consider on previous time.
2) Review the fuel injector cleaner: Find out the fuel injector cleaner because of different model different location. Your car engine manual helps you to find out that. Maximum priority, it will be located under the hood.
3) Disconnect the injector: Gently pull out injector from the fuel pump and carefully connect the fuel line with fuel pump. If the vehicle has pressure regulator than also take out.
4) Connect the cleaning kit with fuel port : Connect the fuel injector cleaning kit with fuel port. Now see the cleaning port user manual where have details about using procedure because of it varies from one to one.
5) Tank pressure buildup: Now remove the fuel tank cap and run the cleaning kit with slowly up growing pressure. The debris and grime will come out.
6) Cleaning kit remove & reattach fuel pump: Remove the cleaning kit and fitting hose. Now attache the fuel pump with power supply. After that connect the fuel pressure regulator, if that you have. Now turn on your vehicle and make sure that your fuel injector is working better than before. After start your vehicle, if any abnormal noise is raised then try to find out and smoothly drive four to five minutes. If the noise is stop then overall done, otherwise you should contact with automotive car engineer.
Yes it is very necessary to clean the fuel injector regularly. If you able to clean then clean your car injector per year. If you unable to do that then don’t skip. Bring your vehicle to a professional person minimum 1 time per year basis. Estimate the price first and decide that you will do it or not. For this cleaning, you need to check the symptoms above and go to a professional time to time for a better engine service.